Wednesday, August 02, 2006



Yesterday, after swimming we went to Last Chance Campground and roasted hotdogs and marshmellows. The kids and I had a good time with our friends the Antonsens. The kids all played in the woods and chased each other around. The campsite that we were at was perfect too, sunlight and by the creek. I am glad that we were unable to go to Ward Lake, since that was our original destination. I realize that I am not as adventurous as some of you Alaskans, hunting and fishing and all that, but it will have to do. :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

We're not all quite as adventurous as the bear-hunting Baums or the canoe-toting Bensons. :)
I'm glad you had fun at the campground. See you soon!

Julie said...

Karen,
I'm glad you all had fun at the campground. It sounds like it was fun and relaxing. And as for the adventure of hunting and fishing, I'm ready for some relaxing now! Your adventures sound enjoyable compared to the afteraffects of ours as I clean and scrub the kitchen back to normal after processing more wild grub. We do miss Ward Lake and the area around it. Enjoy it for us, please, and we hope to see you over on our island some time soon!