Saturday, August 19, 2006



We have decided to homeschool again this year. We are all pretty excited about it around here. This last week was our first week. It was very laid back because I still don't have all of the materials that I need. But, we have been working on math, spelling, writing, history and art. The picture to the left is a picture of the saxon math manipulative kit that we got from christianbook.com. I have to say that it is really neat. All of the kids love it, including Katie! I love the fact that they think they are playing, but I know that they are really learning, so we all win. Anyway, this is my recommendation for all kids, whether they are homeschooling or not, it is a great tool. And you don't have to use the Saxon math curriculum, we are using MCP Math.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Karen, I'm excited for you and your choice to homeschool again this year! We just got our curriculum on Friday and Saturday (80 pounds of stuff from Sonlight) and are looking forward to starting the first week of September. Your manipulatives kit looks like a lot of fun! We are looking forward to another school year, with one year of homeschool under our belts to learn from. Here's to trusting in the Lord to make this year for all of us the best year yet!