Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Traveling Day 2....

We left our house in Vermillion, SD on Monday at about 4pm. The movers were really fast and cleaning went really well too. We made it to Clyde's house (Robert's Dad) in Ames, IA at about a quarter to nine that night. The kids had fun playing with their grandpa's things and went to bed pretty tired from the driving. I was amazed at how fast I got tired of sitting in the car myself! We left Clyde's this morning at about 9am. I am sorry to say that we did not make it very far though. We made it only as far as Grinnell, Iowa not too far to the east of Des Moines when the Suburban stopped working. We waited about an hour for the tow truck and now we are safely ensconced in a hotel. The SUV was taken to the Chevy dealership where it was discovered that our fuel pump was broken. They will have it tomorrow morning, so we will be on our way some time after lunch I am hoping. Robert and I both felt very calm and peaceful about it. Robert said, "Either you believe that God is Sovereign, or you don't." I like that. That is exactly how I feel about it.
We have already been swimming and now the troops are hungry. I hope to have some exciting pictures to share later. Hope all is well with all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear an update! Interesting adventures along the way, huh? :) Reminds me of our very recent road trip with unexpected changes to the schedule (though we did not have car trouble). Hope all is fixed and you're enjoying the rest of your journey!