Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Settling In...



We have internet now in our house that we are renting, so I can be more up to date with blogging again. Our stuff arrived safely on Sunday and we have been busy unpacking only the things that we absolutely need for the next seven months. That is trickier than it sounds.

As for the white legs seen above, we did break out the sunscreen! On Saturday we went to the beach and had so much fun watching the kids run away from the waves, fall down and generally get filled with sand. Unfortunately, I didn't cover myself very well with the sunscreen and I am still in pain on my back and the backs of my legs. Next time I will enlist the help of Robert. Poor Brendan too suffered from sunburn, but he is already healed. He had so much fun trying out the boogie board and seeing how far out he could go. Robert and I both agreed that this was a new side of Brendan we had never seen and we really enjoyed it.
We have been driving around, getting familiar with Vero Beach and found a great park on the barrier island called Riverside Park. They have great trails and a great view of the Indian River. So far, I would say that we are very glad to be here!

1 comment:

Da Baums said...

Sounds like fun!! We can't wait to visit :) hehe