Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stunned Bird....


In the middle of our history lesson we heard a loud bang on the back window. At first I didn't think much of it but soon my curiousity got the better of me and we all had to look and see if a bird had hit the glass. Sure enough, there was a bird sitting there on the deck looking quite stunned. Its little beak was open and it appeared to be panting. It did this for about three minutes and then finally closed its mouth. Rebecca and Brendan and I sat and watched it for a good ten minutes before we finally went back to our lesson. A little later we went back and it was still there taking a siesta. Rebecca suggested opening the door a little, so I did and it immediately hopped over to the edge of the deck, got ready for take off and then...stayed that way for five minutes. It was really in a daze. We went back later and it was gone, so apparently it recovered enough to go home.

No comments: