Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Apples....


The kids have a new hobby...Picking apples...It is amazing how many apples they can bring in, and they haven't even put a dent in the trees.

Katie likes to pick them and eat them. We have three trees that have tart apples and one that has sweet apples. Surprisingly, it is the green apple that is sweet.

I learned quickly how to make applesauce and it is sooo good. We have had apple pie, apple crisp, apple muffins, and apple butter. I would like to make more applesauce, but, all of the local stores are out of canning supplies. Next year I will have to be more prepared!

3 comments:

The Abshires said...

If I was your neighbor, I would come and pick some! But NNOOOOOOO, you have to live in SD. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Your apple concoctions sounds yummy. Hope you're all doing well. :)

Anonymous said...

You can also freeze applesauce in ziploc bags if you have the freezer space :) I've always been too intimidated to try canning, but freezing works well for us. Just thaw overnight in the fridge.