Saturday, March 03, 2007

Half pint.....



I made two new bags over the weekend. I had a lot of fun making them and they were birthday presents for me too. My birthday was on Monday and I am the big 33 now. The kids were great and made me lots of cards and hugs and kisses. Robert took me out to eat for my favorite brie and crab dip, sourdough bread and bread pudding from Cape Fox Lodge. I had such a nice day and my family made it so special. Also a good friend of mine stopped by and brought me a delicious birthday treat, that was such a nice surprise. Katie and the pink tote are almost the same size!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Congratulations on reaching such a momentous milestone in your life. Sounds like you were will cared for on your BD. By the way, the bags you made "over the weekend" look pretty intricate. They must have taken some time.

Hugs to you all.

PS - Great picture of Katie. She still knocks me over every time I see her. I think its her little doll face with the big eyes and she is all girl!! She comes from good stock!

sixwickerts said...

Happy Birthday!! I am glad to see it was a fun day for you. Great job on the bags, is this something you're doing as a "business" or just for fun? You are so talented :)

Anonymous said...

This is Lauri Branson in Bakersfield wishing you a very happy, but late, birthday!! You are very tallented in the quilting area. I want to learn how to quilt...maybe someday. I've just taught myself how to crochet and have been having alot of fun at that!! anywho, miss "talking" with ya :)

Karen said...

Lauri,
If you happen to check back here, could you please email me, my lycos email deleted my address book. I miss "talking" with you too. Thanks to everyone for the nice compliments :)

Julie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Karen! Your bags are beautiful! I'm glad to see that you are getting a chance to do some sewing for yourself. Thanks for keeping your blog updated with happenings and pictures! We check it often for updates.

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, Happy Belated birthday as well!!! That's a special birthday - 33! It sounds like your family made it very special for you. Say your bags are beautiful. I would love to learn how to make one of them. Is there a pattern? (even though I've never done quilting, this I don't think would be overwhelming to do). We love you guys. The kids are growing and so cute!!!!!